Malaysia’s startup news headlines from December 2020
from Startup News Asia
The Malaysian startup news headlines featured here were gathered from a wide range of free, online Malaysian tech news platforms, each covering Malaysia’s startup and technology developments in December 2020.
The Malaysian startup news items listed are each hyperlinked to the article behind it, in full; this provides Startup News Asia’s readers with both an overview of Malaysia’s startups and tech movements, and also background on wider developments affecting Malaysia’s startup scene.
Bear in mind that December is a quiet news month for the startup space generally; for a rounder picture of monthly startup news from Malaysia and beyond, take a look at 2020 in review.
- Malaysia: A video intro to eRomman, platform connecting sellers from Malaysia and SE Asia with customers in the Middle East
- Malaysia: A look at the IoT-based farming taking place in Selangor using a system produced by Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation
- Malaysia: Esports Business Network launches EBN Esports City, a 65,000 square foot facility for hosting international esports events and tournaments
- Malaysia: 11 startups selected for Microsoft Emerge X program, a component part of Microsoft’s Highway To 100 Unicorns initiative
- E-commerce Payments Trends, Malaysia: “…cash is expected to be overtaken by digital wallets by 2021…” from JP Morgan
- Malaysia: NEXEA Angels and Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation renew partnership for Entrepreneurs Programme, following successful pilot in 2020
- Malaysia: Cyberjaya Malaysia Autonomous Vehicle Testing Route gains approval, with proviso at this time that safety officer must be in test vehicles
- Malaysia: “The RMHTC…will be an accelerator for the Russian-Malaysian collaboration in entrepreneurship and education using Malaysia as a springboard into the rest of ASEAN.”
Asia’s startup news today
Startup News Asia’s all-day news updates on technology, startups and VC funding, looking at 17 primary locations: