The blockchain news headlines here were pulled from online media coverage of blockchain technology in September 2020, focusing on Asia where possible.
Headlines here give you an at-a-glance overview of developments in blockchain – the distributed ledger – and deal with applications including banking, proof-of-provenance and agriculture.
Each blockchain news headline featured is linked to the full online news article behind that headline, providing a quick-reference overview of September 2020’s blockchain news whilst also letting you quickly scan to the blockchain news items you find most interesting.
- Download: Can Blockchain Accelerate Financial Inclusion Globally? An 8-page overview from Deloitte (pdf)
- ICYMI: Vale, Brazilian iron-ore mining company, makes its first sale of iron ore using blockchain technology from Singapore-based Contour trade finance platform
- World Blockchain Hackathon’s Babylon Project virtual hackathon set for October 9-11
- Blockchain: A 3-page collection of recent blockchain and related technology news, linked from downloadable PDF to each article, and QR coded for offline reading
- Download: Deloitte’s 2020 Global Blockchain Survey (pdf)
- Block Hack Global 2020 applications open for 6-week virtual hackathon aiming to help entrepreneurs make blockchain-related projects business-viable
- ICYMI: Xage Security wins contract from United States Space Force to develop and roll out blockchain-based data protection system across its networks
- ICYMI: US Central Intelligence Agency launches lab to research distributed ledger and blockchain-enabled technologies, quantum computing, AI, data analytics and more
- Jack Dorsey outlines Twitter’s blockchain strategy at Oslo Freedom Forum, with Twitter likely becoming a client of NFP Blue Sky
- Australia: National Blockchain Roadmap Highlights – a 2-page introduction (pdf)
- Blockchain Australia industry body partnered by Binance Australia cryptocurrency exchange with aim of boosting blockchain discussion, education and use
- A month-end round-up of blockchain and DLT-related news, collected from Startup News Asia’s daily updates
- China: State-run Blockchain-Based Service Network infrastructure project to bring public chains to Chinese users – but monitored by regulators
- China: Ant Group launches Trusple cross-border trading blockchain platform focused on SMEs selling overseas
- Another look at the Bank of England’s research into a central bank digital currency, and the solution presented by L3COS blockchain platform
- Hong Kong Blockchain Week 2020 set for November 17-19
- India’s Tata Consultancy Services and Yale University jointly developed new blockchain framework aiming to address privacy and trust in peer-to-peer digital networks
- Singapore-based Zilliqa blockchain platform unveils 8 startups selected for 6-month ZILHive blockchain accelerator program
- Thailand: Central Bank’s blockchain-enabled bond infrastructure passes test with $1.6BN government savings bond sale spanning one week
- Australia: 2 National Blockchain Roadmap Working Groups established to research use cases of blockchain tech in Australia, focusing on supply chains and credentialing
- Australia: “Privacy, blockchain and the Internet of Things – Can we keep control of our own identities?” via the University of South Australia
- Australia: An intro to the recently-launched trial of Civic Ledger blockchain tech in Queensland, focusing on irrigation and ‘water trading’ in the region’s agricultural sector
- ICYMI: Switzerland becomes the first major financial center with a full set of laws to govern cryptocurrency, decentralized finance and blockchain-related commerce
- China: Singapore’s VeChain joins China Animal Health And Food Safety Alliance to provide blockchain tech for members, allowing logging of food product lifecycles
Startup news Asia channels
Our monthly news collections are drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily startup news updates – delivered on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via mobile app – which collect technology news across 17 locations in Asia and the Indo-Pacific.
For a bullet-point overview of our channels:
Startup News Asia quick links