= iot & iiot News =
– internet of things –
~ November 2017 ~
The internet of things – and the industrial internet of things – each span a huge number of applications and opportunities.
Below is an at-a-glance outline of news items in the broad IoT space from across Asia and Australia, as reported in the English-language press in November 2017.
Also included are items of relevance from beyond the broad Asia-Pac region which are likely to be influential to regional developments.
Items cover the broadest range of IoT applications, from wearable tech through medical technology to agriculture.
- 77% of Asia’s businesses now see IoT as mission-critical to their business
- Myriota aiming to bring satellite IoT to regional Australia
- Australia: Tasmania to launch Australian-first LoRaWAN IoT network
- Tasmania to launch Australian-first open LoRaWAN IoT network
- India: TempoGO IoT-and-SaaS transportation startup lands $250K
- Japan: Kyushu to gain from IoT solutions for agriculture and aquaculture
- Japan to aggressively invest in SEA startups, aiming primarily at IoT and healthcare
- Malaysia: MIMOS unveils controller for smart buildings to harness industrial IoT
- Singapore: StarHub partners Nokia for commercial IoT services
- Singapore: IoT Asia Conference set for March 2018
- Singapore: KaHa wearable-tech startup raises $4.5M
- A brief look at the smart city case for IoT
- Southern Taiwan to gain from ANCHORUP Southbound Summit
- Taiwan: A look at the 3 winning startups from ANCHORUP x AIRmaker pitching competition
- A look at 7 South Korean startups set to pitch at K-Global @ Silicon Valley 2017
- China’s Sunsea, HK’s Run Liang Tai fund back US Ayla Networks IoT firm to $60M
- Smart City Innovation Challenge awards grants to 3 startups from Singapore and Vietnam
- Vietnam: Ho Chi Minh City unveils Smart City plans for 2017-2020
- Hong Kong: An overview of the 2017 Elevator Pitch Competition
- Australia: Wearable Technologies Conference – Sydney, December 7 & 8