= iot News =
– smart cities & govtech –
~ From August 2018 ~
The internet of things (IoT) – and the industrial internet of things (IIoT) – each span a huge number of applications and opportunities.
We’ve compiled an at-a-glance outline of news from the broad IoT space across South and SE Asia and Australia, as reported in the English-language press across August 2018.
Also included are relevant items from beyond the broad Asia Pacific region which are likely to be useful reference.
Items cover the broadest range of IoT applications, from wearable tech through medical technology to agriculture.
- Australia: Ceres Tag agricultural IoT startup to trial 500 cattle-monitoring ear tags
- Australia: University of Melbourne turns to IoT to better understand campus utilization
- Hong Kong: En-trak energy IOT management startup backed by China’s Alibaba HK Entrepreneurs Fund
- Indonesia unveils IoT Roadmap for local industry development
- MIT engineers configure RFID tags to work as sensors, not simply transmitters
- Internet of Things World Asia conference set for Singapore, September 18-20
- Internet of Things World Asia Conference set for September 18-20 in Singapore
- Taiwan: Global Entrepreneurship Congress Plus set for September 26-29, looking at social impact with AI+IoT in smart cities
- Taiwan: Nankang Design Incubation Centre aims to help the local IoT ecosystem flourish
- Australia: 2800 parking and pedestrian sensors rolled out in Adelaide’s latest Smart City project
- Thailand: Khon Kaen and Phuket take Asia-Pac awards for smart city projects
- China: An intro to the Huawei-backed Tianjin Smart City project (pdf)
- An overview of Vietnam’s 2050 Vision for the future